DNS & BIND Leap Ahead
Deep dive into DNS & BIND. Participants are required to complete the Jump Start course as a prerequisite.
- New terminology used in DNS & BIND
- Building the authoritative DNS server
- A quick look at DNSSEC
- DNSSEC signing and validation
- Minimal ANY
- Empty zones
- Building a DNSSEC validating DNS Resolver
- 'Dig'ing deeper
- DNS resolver best practices
- Getting information (statistics, query logging, dnstap, CHAOS)
- DNS cookies
- Cryptography in DNS
- DNSSEC 'inline'-signing
- Transaction Signatures (TSIG)
- Dynamic updates (Plus NOTIFY & IXFR)
- Response rate limiting in BIND
- Adding and removing zones with RNDC
- Firewalls and DNS
- Response Policy Zones (RPZ)
- Automatic DNS provisioning with Catalog-Zones
- BIND 9 views
Who is this for? Networking professionals and DDI administrators.
Length: 3 full days (6 hours/day = 18 hours)
(9:00am - 12:00pm EDT / 1:00pm - 4:00pm EDT)
Participants for this course need to know how to operate the Unix command line (shell) and have Unix/Linux administration knowledge. Basic knowledge of Internet network protocols IPv6 and IPv4 is required.
Materials required: Participants will require a computer, keyboard and internet connection to access the course.